Sign in to follow this  
riruilo

(solved) Linking errors using Simple OpenGL Image Library (SOIL)

Hi everybody! Could you help me, please? I'm trying to use SOIL library (http://www.lonesock.net/soil.html) with my SDL-CODEBLOCKS-OPENGL-C++ application. Firstly using codeblocks-static library project I create libSOIL.a, everything works fine. The I add it in my app and I get these errors: -------------- Build: Debug Windows Ventana in Proyecto --------------- Compiling: CManejadorTexturas.cpp Linking console executable: bin\Proyecto_debug.exe librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0x253): undefined reference to `glReadPixels@28' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0x7e0): undefined reference to `glBindTexture@8' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0x8d3): undefined reference to `glTexImage2D@36' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0x9fb): undefined reference to `glTexImage2D@36' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0xa54): undefined reference to `glDeleteTextures@8' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0xad7): undefined reference to `glTexParameteri@12' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0xafa): undefined reference to `glTexParameteri@12' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0xb27): undefined reference to `glTexParameteri@12' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0xb4a): undefined reference to `glTexParameteri@12' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0xb6d): undefined reference to `glTexParameteri@12' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0xc71): undefined reference to `glGenTextures@8' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0xcae): undefined reference to `glTexParameteri@12' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0xcd1): undefined reference to `glTexParameteri@12' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0xd58): undefined reference to `glTexParameteri@12' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0x115d): undefined reference to `glBindTexture@8' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0x135e): undefined reference to `glTexImage2D@36' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0x1508): undefined reference to `glTexImage2D@36' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0x1532): undefined reference to `glTexParameteri@12' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0x1552): undefined reference to `glTexParameteri@12' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0x1582): undefined reference to `glTexParameteri@12' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0x1598): undefined reference to `glTexParameteri@12' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0x15e4): undefined reference to `glTexParameteri@12' librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0x1601): more undefined references to `glTexParameteri@12' follow librerias\soil/libsoil.a(SOIL.o):SOIL.c:(.text+0x168a): undefined reference to `glGenTextures@8' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 2 seconds) 23 errors, 0 warnings First time I saw this I thought maybe I didn't link SOIL library with opengl, so I recompiled soil library adding opengl32 in libraries. It compiled without errors, but it didnt work. I have the same problem. Do you have any idea? Thank you very much for your time. Edit: I solved this addiong soil into my project, instead of using a library. [Edited by - riruilo on May 16, 2008 9:29:21 AM]

Solution this problem is showed in the picture.
Let see
mainly reason:
"http://www.romtrans.ovh.org/c/ogl/soil_link_problem.jpg"
if not work try this
"http://www.romtrans.ovh.org/c/ogl/soil_link_error.jpg"