Sign in to follow this  
vicer

color selection dialog

hi, I want to create a dialog for colour selection in c++ without using win32 or MFC.It should have a slider control for Red Green Blue ..any suggestion for it...coding will be very helpful....

Quote:
Original post by vicer
hi,
I want to create a dialog for colour selection in c++ without using win32 or MFC.It should have a slider control for Red Green Blue ..any suggestion for it...coding will be very helpful....

i want to integrate it with torque game engine...thats why i dont want to use win32 or mfc ,as far as the gui is concerned i can do it torque but the function requiring color selection and RGB control that i want to be written in c++..any suggestion

Quote:
Original post by vicer
i want to integrate it with torque game engine...thats why i dont want to use win32 or mfc ,as far as the gui is concerned i can do it torque but the function requiring color selection and RGB control that i want to be written in c++..any suggestion
It's 99% dependant on your API. How are you drawing the slider? Textured quads or something?

Quote:
Original post by vicer
hi,
I want to create a dialog for colour selection in c++ without using win32 or MFC.It should have a slider control for Red Green Blue ..any suggestion for it...coding will be very helpful....

The slider part is inbuilt in torque game engine..thats not a problem..just i want a function that can display color option and its clickable for selection.

Quote:
Original post by vicer
hi,

hi,
is there any way to implement it.....any link where i can find it..

Right, 3 sliders and a preview. The preview is often a null or white texture with diffuse for the color in question.

Where exactly are you running into problems?

Quote:
Original post by Telastyn
Right, 3 sliders and a preview. The preview is often a null or white texture with diffuse for the color in question.

Where exactly are you running into problems?

hi,
Telastyn.. the problem is to implement in c++...the coding part.I want the coding of it....or any link where i can find its description.

vicer, if you want, I actually wrote a small color selection utility via Visual C++, that does your (R, G, B), and displays the hex values -- if you want the source - if that'll help you any -- there are a lot of prebuilt functions inside of visual c++ to accomplish things like that, with ease.

if you want a copy, just send me a PM. :)