Sign in to follow this  

Capture DirectSound Output

This topic is 3494 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi All, I've written an application that plays some sounds with DirectSound. It uses a couple of effects (e.g. Reverb), and I'd like to capture it's output and store it to a file. (Because I'm using the effects, I need to capture the DirectSound output, rather than just stream out the original sound data.) Is there a way of pointing the playback stream to a file rather than to the soundcard? (perhaps by repointing the Device object...?) Any thoughts welcome! Cheers

Hi Juergen1969,

Thanks for your post.

I'm looking for a way to write my output to disk - I think that your method would write my input (e.g. Microphone input) to disk.

Let me know if I've misunderstood you - if it's possible to do it with the CaptureBuffer, that would save me a lot of hassle!

Thanks for your help

Hi again,
I'm sorry for my late answer, but I didn't had so much time to look.
I did it on the way I described. I played a sound with the Microsoft Media Player and recorded it using of a "CaptureBuffer".

But you can use programs like "WavePad" or something else for recording from an audiodevice. I used it before I wrote my little program.

Best regards,
Jürgen

This topic is 3494 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.