Sign in to follow this  
akjal

[.net] Event handling with a third party application

Hi, I have an application which wants subscribe an event raised by third party application . Can anybody give any hint for this.? Should I use remoting to make possibile ...? Thanks in advance.. Regards, akjal

Does the 3rd party application raise an event or is it a 3rd party .dll? If it's a 3rd party application then I don't understand what you mean. If it's a .dll then what language is the .dll in? Can you be more specific?

I'm not sure if .Net remoting is what you're looking for here.

James

Yea, it is written in dotnet.
The scenario is like this:
1.My application calls this thired party component which is supposed to do some work for me.
2. I want to get it notified when that work done.Here third party would raise a an event to notify me.
3. I have an event handler to perform when that event is raised.

It is not a DLL. It is an exe running separately in the same machine where my application runs. If both these application runs in diifernt application domains, how can I acheive the evnt-driven programming model?

Actually we just started the design of this architecture. I just wanted to know some best methods in this matter. :)

Thanks in advance..............

OK, if it's 2 .exes running in different App Domains then yes, .Net Remoting is the way to go - that's exactly what it was written for. Once you get the hang of it it's also really easy - can have a few quirks when you get started though!

Good luck,

James