Sign in to follow this  

Creating a knowledgebase

This topic is 3496 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, In my work I implement software on top of a standard framework. I'd like to build up a knowledgebase that contains howtos, important information, code snippets etc much like the MSDN. Can anyone suggest a good way of organising this? I'm very tempted to build my own mini CMS as most wiki packages don't play well with code it seems. Cheers, Meto

There's a Geshi plugin for mediawiki, to do syntax highlighting etc.

In a project of mine I just post the smaller syntax-highlighted code snippets on the wiki and then link to doxygen for full source code. This works when your framework is relatively stable. I wouldn't recommend this for a new project though as that would require updating hyperlinks all the time.

Hiya,

Thanks for the link. Had a look at it and it does seem quite nice.

I'm moving away from using a Wiki though as they lack structure, great for multiple contributors but seeing as I'm designing it myself I can put the effort in to have it how I think it should be.

Cheers,

Karle

This topic is 3496 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.