Sign in to follow this  
Jedimace

Python PyOpenGL, PyOpenAL, and MySQLdb Problems

Jedimace    100
Ok, a few problems with Python. First of all, MySQL problems. I don't have the MySQLdb file in my Python 2.3.5, how can I get it. Second of all, about PyOpenGL, is it the same as OpenGL in C++ (i.e. the same function names and input)? Finally, PyOpenAL, is that the same case? All of that would be so that I could use C++ tutorials to learn them. If not, some tutorials for them in Python would be appreciated. Any help would be appreciated. Also, any help on getting an installer for any of those three programs: PyOpenGL, PyOpenAL, and MySQLdb. Thanks for your help in advance.

eedok    982
1. you need to install it, I usually just use the easy installer and get the egg files from the cheese shop
2. yes, albeit pyOpenGL has built in error checking that can slow down your performance(but does the error checking for you), IIRC pyglet has a more manual binding to openGL
3. Haven't used it but I'd assume so.

Jedimace    100
Ok, that first one got me. Cheese shops? Eggs? Where do i get the installer file from? I haven't done a lot with outside python modules... The rest helped though, thanks!