Sign in to follow this  
Razvan1024

DirectX 10 Problem

Razvan1024    114
I have a little problem with a DirectX 10 application. I'm switching from DirectX 9.0 to DirectX 10 and I'm trying to learn by following the tutorials in the SDK Documentation. I got to the third tutorial and I can't get my effect file to compile. Can someone tell me what is the difference between my effect and the SDK effect? Here is my code: float4 VS(float4 Pos:POSITION):SV_POSITION { return Pos; } float4 PS(float4 Pos:SV_POSITION):SV_Target { return float4(1.0f,1.0f,0.0f,1.0f); } techinique10 Render { pass P0 { SetVertexShader(CompileShader(vs_4_0,VS())); SetGeometryShader(NULL); SetPixelShader(CompileShader(vs_4_0,PS())); } } and this is the tutorial effect: // // Vertex Shader // float4 VS( float4 Pos : POSITION ) : SV_POSITION { return Pos; } // // Pixel Shader // float4 PS( float4 Pos : SV_POSITION ) : SV_Target { return float4( 1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f ); // Yellow, with Alpha = 1 } technique10 Render { pass P0 { SetVertexShader( CompileShader( vs_4_0, VS() ) ); SetGeometryShader( NULL ); SetPixelShader( CompileShader( ps_4_0, PS() ) ); } }

Razvan1024    114
The error string is :
simple.fx(9,14): error X3000: invalid target or usage string

I had a typo on the technique definition line.

Thanks for the help.