Sign in to follow this  
DOH XEHAPO

[.net] DirectX9 C# - problems with texture memory

Hi everybody, I need your help. I'm writing 3D game on C# with managed DX9, but have some problem I can't deal with for a long time. After about 4 hours of writing and testing - strange things happen. All textures do not want to render, I see only the white polygons of my meshes. To solve the problem I have to reboot computer. Though reboot is quick, it irritates me. It seems strange - but I hadn't found any documentation for how to monitor texture memory... I'm loading textures with TextureLoader.FromFile() and releasing it by disposing and next GC.Collect(). Nothing helps) May be I'm doing something wrong and someone can help me! I've got RadeonX1950Pro, the newest drivers and DirectX. May be texture memory isn't guilty - but in that case I don't know what to suppose and need help!

That the problem only disappears on reboot strongly suggests to me that it's a hardware or driver issue. Even if you're running out of texture memory, it should be fine after restarting the application.

The newest drivers aren't always the best, so maybe try downgrading it.

edit - as an aside, mdx is deprecated, I'd consider checking out xna or slimdx.

As gharen2 said; If you can manage to reboot your PC from code you write, and you're not writing a driver or running Windows 98, then there's almost definitely something wrong with your drivers or hardware.

Thanks, I'll check it!
Really, after restarting app textures do not appear, only reboot helps, so I don't even know what to do... I also think that it is hardware...
Anyway, thanks again