SLI in OpenGL

Started by
3 comments, last by Erik Sintorn 15 years, 11 months ago
Hello, I am trying to get SLI to work for my OpenGL application but could not get the green bars to show up at all. I spent hours looking through SLI performance stuff, removing glFinish commands and such until I had a pretty damn near empty GLUT display(). Since nothing helped, I started looking elsewhere and that's when I realised that SLI is not working in OpenGL on my machine at all! Going through the NVIDIA SDK samples, DirectX samples work fine and get the SLI bars swinging, but OpenGL samples show nothing (well, they work but no green bars and no speedup)! Does anyone know what this is about? Do I have to do something specific in OpenGL (GLUT) to get SLI working? Oh, and when running the NVIDIA Control Panel API from the 9.5 SDK, I get the following result: - Number of GPUs: 2. - Number of GPUs in SLI mode: 0. What's that supposed to mean? Thank you for any help, Erik
Advertisement
SLI is something that is managed by the nVidia driver so you would need to setup a profile or something in the nVidia control panel.

Quote:Do I have to do something specific in OpenGL (GLUT) to get SLI working

No
Sig: http://glhlib.sourceforge.net
an open source GLU replacement library. Much more modern than GLU.
float matrix[16], inverse_matrix[16];
glhLoadIdentityf2(matrix);
glhTranslatef2(matrix, 0.0, 0.0, 5.0);
glhRotateAboutXf2(matrix, angleInRadians);
glhScalef2(matrix, 1.0, 1.0, -1.0);
glhQuickInvertMatrixf2(matrix, inverse_matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation1, 1, FALSE, matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation2, 1, FALSE, inverse_matrix);
Sure, I have enabled SLI in the control panel and set force AFR/AFR2/SFR in the control panel. It works just fine for directX apps, just not for OpenGL. Does anyone have a clue what I need to do?
I've been having the same problem for the last year. (See my previous post). I've been through a number of driver updates and still nadda. I'd really love to see any suggestions on what the problem is.....
Good to see that someone else is having similar problems :)
Do you not see the indicators at all, or just don't get any green bar? I see the SLI logo and all, just no green performance bar. Did you try other openGL apps on your system (for example the nvidia sdk ones)?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement