Sign in to follow this  

A problem about PIX,help me please!

This topic is 3489 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to learn how to use the PIX to analyze my D3D program ,I did a simple test as described in the SDK 1) create a new experiment 2) choose the .exe that I want to analyze 3) select 'single frame captue of Direct3D whenever F12 is pressed' 4) press 'Start Experiment' then a dialog appeared: "PIX Experiment File Version Mismatch" This program expects and experiment file version of 202, but the file 'C:\Some Directory Path\PIXD4.tmp ' has a version of 0. Proceeding may cause this program to crash or behave incorrectly. Continue loading file? then I can't do anything with PIX,even a screen capture.But everything is OK if I choose the .exe that ships with the SDK!(.exe in C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (April 2007)\Samples\C++\Direct3D\Bin\x86, such as BasicHLSL.exe) What is the difference between my exe and the SDK's?Is there any special requirement?? I failed even with the .exe that I compiled manually from the sample code in SDK.... I really want to utilize the PIX,help me please~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A bit of a guess, but you have probably updated your DirectX runtime, so the SDK and consequently PIX is outdated. If that's indeed the cause of your problem, installing the latest SDK would be the easiest fix.

This topic is 3489 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.