Sign in to follow this  

sprite and 3d question

This topic is 3494 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, so, the sprite system uses the range of 0.0 to 1.o for layers, and the 3d system uses a range that is at minimum, 1. Is this 1.0 and 1 the same... one? Like, if i try to use a 3d powered particle engine under a layer of level tiles, will the tiles always hide it?

Quote:
Original post by BreathOfLife
Ok, so, the sprite system uses the range of 0.0 to 1.o for layers,
Depends on what "sprite system" you're talking about.

Quote:
and the 3d system uses a range that is at minimum, 1.
No, it ranges from znear to zfar, depending on the values you created your projection matrix with.

Quote:
Is this 1.0 and 1 the same... one? Like, if i try to use a 3d powered particle engine under a layer of level tiles, will the tiles always hide it?
Almost certainly not. However, if you render 3D, then disable Z-tests, then render your sprites, they'll always be on top.

What "sprite system" are you talking about here? There's no dedicated sprite system in D3D, unless you're talking about ID3DXSprite, and I thought the Z value was always ignored in coordinates there (Although I may be wrong, I haven't used ID3DXSprite in ages).

This topic is 3494 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.