• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
openglaussie

intel 's jpeg library

This topic is 3816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by openglaussie
Hi, i have experienced memory leaks , with the jpeg library from intel, does anyone knows why ?
it leaks the filename pointer.

Is it making a copy of the filename you pass in, or is it you who are forgetting to free the filename once the JPEG routines return?

The JPEG library is probably written so that you can pass string literals as filenames, which should NOT be freed by the library.

OK, solved i was using a std::string pointer, and by the way i would like to know why jpeg are useless on windows , thought they were the standard compression format.

Depends. What are you using it for?

Jpegs use lossy compression bytheway. There are formats that use lossless compression. Are you sure jpeg is the best format for your needs?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!