Sign in to follow this  

Something strange is wrong with my game when it runs on someone elses PC

This topic is 3490 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Apparently it gives an error message something like 'could not find info' and honestly I am absoloutely baffled. I would really appreciate if someone could give it a run through and tell me if it works: http://thatsgames.com/downloads/wordfinder2demo2.exe It's a 60meg download and comes with everything needed, just extract the files and yeah. Thanks for any help!

Quote:
It would help if you post the exact error message.

It would but I have no idea what it is, he just said something about it not working and I'm starting to wonder if it works on other PCs.

Quote:
Original post by chillypacman
It would but I have no idea what it is, he just said something about it not working

Then why don't you ask him? It would help if we had something concrete to work with instead of just guessing.

It ran okay on my notebook albeit very slow. If you don't install those two packages before running the game you will get a "file not found.." error. So my guess is the people aren't following your install instructions. Perhaps you should make a proper installer that installs those two packages and adds a link to the Start menu. Take a look at Inno Setup.

Quote:
Original post by Headkaze
It ran okay on my notebook albeit very slow. If you don't install those two packages before running the game you will get a "file not found.." error. So my guess is the people aren't following your install instructions. Perhaps you should make a proper installer that installs those two packages and adds a link to the Start menu. Take a look at Inno Setup.

oh ok, cheers :) I'm definitely going to fix the slowness, has something to do with the physics synching with the graphics, if the game runs at less than 60fps it runs really slow. Not so hard to fix, just have been lazy to do so up to this point.

Oh and I did try Inno setup but it chokes on the filenames, probably because they are in unicode.

This topic is 3490 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.