vista and screen dimensions

Started by
1 comment, last by Aardvajk 15 years, 11 months ago
OK, so I have a program that is running a fullscreen window, set to be 640 by 480 pixels. Now, this is on my new vista powered notebook, and when I run the program with this window, instead of displaying it fullscreen at the desired resolution, its using the current resolution, and just displaying a small window of 640x480 in the center, with a giant black border around it. At first, it didnt bother me, but now Im just curious. Why does it do that? Im terribly new to this whole vista thing... and the notebook thing...
Advertisement
That's most likely a "feature" of your notebook. Look into the manual to find the key combo to switch between the scaling methods. On many notebooks it's Fn + F5.

Alternatively, find the scaling options in the display options of windows. I don't know where those are in Vista.
Some flat screens can't do some resolutions, so "simulate" them in the way you describe. This is probably more to do with the screen technology than the laptop itself or Vista. I've seen laptops running Windows 2000 that did this.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement