Query Largest FBO, GL_FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED_EXT

Started by
2 comments, last by Little Russian 15 years, 11 months ago
Hello I have a problem with FBO: on NVIDIA GeForce 6600 I query my video card for the largest FBO with: glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE_EXT, &iAttribute); and iAttribute contains 4096, as expected. but when I create my FBO with: glGenFramebuffersEXT(1,&m_uiFrameBufferID); glBindFramebufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT,m_uiFrameBufferID); glGenRenderbuffersEXT(1, &m_uiDepthBufferID); glBindRenderbufferEXT(GL_RENDERBUFFER_EXT, m_uiDepthBufferID); glRenderbufferStorageEXT(GL_RENDERBUFFER_EXT, GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT, 4096, 4096); glFramebufferRenderbufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, GL_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT_EXT, GL_RENDERBUFFER_EXT, m_uiDepthBufferID); glFramebufferTexture2DEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT,GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT, GL_TEXTURE_2D,m_uiTargetID,0); GLenum uiStatus = glCheckFramebufferStatusEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT); uiStatus is GL_FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED_EXT: it allows only 2048 x 2048. I have 2 video card installed on my pc: may be this the cause?? Where's the error??? Thanks in advance Ema.
Advertisement
Are you checking the entire time for OpenGL errors with, glGetError()?

Use source tags and post all your code so we can better examine it.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

Stupid question - depth component means shadow maps, well - try some perspective wrap technique to limit shadow aliasing to minimum (or parallel split shadow maps).
Anyway may I ask, if your framebuffer creates, when you set size to 2k*2k?

My current blog on programming, linux and stuff - http://gameprogrammerdiary.blogspot.com

Well, actually shadow maps is not the argument of my post.

At the moment I'm only interested in render to texture.
The strange thing that happens to me is that I ask for the maximum render target supported and actually it does not seem to be supported at all!

mike2343 is right, maybe tomorrow I'll post some GetError output.

Thanks guys!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement