• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

dev c++ linker error.

This topic is 3559 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Help needed please: I was using a product from Labjack company. and i downloaded their code and drivers. I found labjackud.h and labjackud.lib. I put labjackud.h in the "include" file and i included in the script. I renamed labjackud.lib into liblabjackud.a and put it into "lib" file. I linked by typing -llabjackud.a in project option-parameter-linker. It still gave me linker errors: [Linker error] undefined reference to `OpenLabJack@20' etc. Can anyone please tell me what i did wrong?? thanks very much....

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by nevergone
Help needed please:

I was using a product from Labjack company. and i downloaded their code and drivers.

I found labjackud.h and labjackud.lib.

I put labjackud.h in the "include" file and i included in the script.

I renamed labjackud.lib into liblabjackud.a and put it into "lib" file.

I linked by typing -llabjackud.a in project option-parameter-linker.

It still gave me linker errors: [Linker error] undefined reference to `OpenLabJack@20' etc.

Can anyone please tell me what i did wrong??

thanks very much....

First, this should probably be in General Programming or For Beginners. Second, what you did wrong was assume that lib files are just like a files with a different extension. There are converters, but they aren't perfect and the header file might use Microsoft specific functionality as well preventing you from using this library with devc++.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement