IO blocking

Started by
3 comments, last by Jouei 15 years, 10 months ago
I would like to build a multiplayer game over internet that two player listen to the same song and tag it..to develop this game Do i need IO blocking or IO non-blocking?
Advertisement
Your question is incredibly vague/general. You need to be much more specific.
fpsgamer is correct about the question being vague there are two types of internet socket and i assume you are refering to sockets not input and output given that you made a refrence to a multiplayer game.

It really depends the server may be better setup as a non-blocking socket so it can interact with any data given to it by any single client but the clietns themself do not need to be non blocking because then send and wait and then recive however if the clients can see the other players moves at a real time rate or at least close then the client would be better suited as a non blocking socket in my oppion there are a few good server lib's out there if you intrested as i found doing a non blocking win32 server well .... a pain.

Regards Jouei.

Thanks for your reply... Can you guide me to any good library?
I am afriad not. I have not used any before but alot of the pepole on gamedev seem to like a few of them if you search around the forum you may find one or even just check out google. just keep your options open and then get the oppion of pepole on game dev about certain ones and what your project is give as much detail as posible as that will hlpe us help you.

Regards Jouei.

Remmber to use the rateing system where applicable.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement