Sign in to follow this  

Anyone interested in an Inverse Kinematic Library

This topic is 3488 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there. Is anyone interested in an Inverse Kinematics Library? I'm implementing various IK algorithms for my Degree Thesis and doing some comparison between them and I'm planning to release a lib after the Thesis is done. What would you like to see at this lib? Or if you want to be integrated in another project like Ogre3D or Cal3D? Thoughts, Suggestions?

Hello, pardon my french, but fuck yes.

If you could make some kind of IK designer. So that you could easily lay out IK systems and play with them. Specifically for robots.

Most industrial robots are very similar. If there was a quick way to lay out all of their joint specifications and have a functioning robot in a few minutes. I would be very interested.

Also, there has to be some kind of character support (i'm sure you planned this). But if you could import a character, Automap it's skeleton, make the subtle corrections and then immediately interact with it.

Keep me posted.

hello,

I would like to see it simple, as an IK lib only so it can be integrated easilu with other libraries or frameworks. If you make it simple, and selfcontained, then integration with Ogre or anything else will come naturally.

This topic is 3488 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.