Sign in to follow this  

Shader System

This topic is 3490 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i know alot of posts have been done on this topic but i need abit mroe specific tips... ive looked at the thread were yann describes the dll system where u create alot of different shaders as classes stored as dlls... and that works fine.. but i find it very unflexible... since u have to create TextureShader, TextureBumpShader, TextureBumpDiffuseShader... etc... i was think of some kind of shader plugin building system... where i have "effects" describing different functions... Texture, Bump, Diffuse... and then have the engine build the real shader... BaseShader(new TextureShaderImpl(new BumpShaderImpl(new DiffuseShaderImpl))); and then the engine would build a effect file.. something like struct PSState { float4 color; float3 normal; float2 texcoords; }; void Texture(PSState state) { // change color } void Bump(PSState state) { // change normal } void Diffuse(PSState state) { // change color } float4 PS(PS_INPUT psInput) : SV_Target { PSState state; state = // input; Texture(state); Bump(state); Diffuse(state); return state.color; } well thats the basic idea... but im unsure how i should go about implementing it... any suggestions?

This topic is 3490 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.