Sign in to follow this  

File Packing

This topic is 3487 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I apologize for confusing the terms compression and packing, so I figured I would make the correct topic to answer the question. Often in games I've noticed that resource files are in one big data file or just a few. The program knows where to access the resource files within the big file etc. How would I go about packing my files in a project? Is there a program that packs data? Is this something I worry about only after a project is complete, or earlier on? I know its not going to prevent people from cracking it and grabbing textures/music etc, but I don't want to just make it easy for anyone to just grab every resource from our game.

Making a new topic doesn't help if you don't read the responses in the old topic.
Quote:

The easiest way to do this is to dump your resources in an ordinary zip file and use an existing archive library like PhysFS.

Anyways, closed as a repost.

This topic is 3487 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.