Sign in to follow this  

Making Games in Flash

This topic is 3483 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been searching for a tutorial or something but with no luck. I want to start making games in Flash. :) Thanks to any help.

Hi Rybis

I think the first thing you need to do, is to sit down and find out how much you know about using the grphical interface of flash and how well you know the programming e.g. ActionScript 2 or ActionScript 3.0

Relatively simple games can be made using only AS 3 since Flash can draw simple shapes like circles and squares and rectangles, place them at different locations and so on.

Also, a very importatn part after finding out how much you know, is to determine what kind of a game you want to be making and how many features you want within the game. Because the type of game you want to make, will determine what functions and so on that you will need to use.

Other than that, this website: www.cartoonsmart.com has a lot of tutorials, some of them are in AS 2 though but also a few is AS 3.

Good luck! :)

This topic is 3483 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.