Sign in to follow this  

Differences in DirectX 9.0b and 9.0c?

This topic is 3492 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just recently picked up a directx book at my library after years of opengl and i just noticed that it teaches 9.0b. I've gotten through most of the book until I saw that at the end. Now I know 9.0a and 9.0b had a lot of paramters changed in the functions. I was wondering if that applies from 9.0b to 9.0c as well? The only thing I'm concerned with are the D3DX library, Direct3D and DirectInput.

There may be some small parameter changes from b to c. For D3DX it's being updated all the time, but all code should be compatible.
The only major change was the addition of shader model 3.0 and HLSL effects if I'm not mistaken.

I'd say you probably shouldn't worry too much - the theory and big picture is still the same. The differences probably lie in function names, namespaces and parameters - the stuff you will end up looking up on MSDN anyway. As long as you get the idea of what is going on and how, you can easily adapt.

This topic is 3492 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.