Free Airplane Sprite Pack

Started by
15 comments, last by gamersvm 12 years, 3 months ago

I'm a hobbyist (for now) artist specializing in aircraft and military designs, and I've um, accrued a lot of artwork over the past couple of years. I've been AWOL from GameDev.net for a while, but I've been lurkin' around lately, and it's time to make a comeback. My last couple of sprite packs did well, and I've decided to vastly update and add to them. I hope to release a couple more .ZIPs like this one with space and "ground" sprites in the near future, but for now this will have to do.

This free .ZIP contains sprites of various aircraft, including fighter jets, bombers, and cargo planes:

Link: AircraftSprites.zip 

Examples of what's in there: Fighter_Jet_Montage_by_PrinzEugn.png

C_25A_by_PrinzEugn.png

The readme is as follows(also in the zip itself):

Quote:

---AIRCRAFT SPRITE README---

The only conditions I'd like to apply to their use are these:

1. Notify me if you use them, because I like seeing stuff I draw put to use.
2. Give me a little credit, include my name in there somewhere(see bottom)

----CONTAINS----

3 Folders
Top View- Contains high resolution top views of different aircraft, mostly fighters.
Side View- Contains, um, side views of various scales.
Multiple Views- Contains some animated frames as well as designs from multiple angles.(contains many top and side views that are not in other folders)

----INFO----

All art is original, drawn by me, Prinz Eugn, aka Mark Simpson. Artwork ranges from a few years old to very recent, and quality varies. Aircraft contained are both original and real-world designs, and are named using their technical designations(which are made up for original designs).

If you have questions on anything, feel free to contact me. You are welcome to submit simple requests, but I am usually busy, so I can't promise anything :/

Contact information: Email: prinz_eugn@hotmail.com

-Preferred contact
Web Sites: http://prinzeugn.deviantart.com/ -updated frequently http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/mod/journal/journal.asp?userid=85721 -Updated less frequently, but has information on my current projects

That's it, use as you want, just tell me about so I can see what you do with them. Feel free to critique the crap out of 'em, please.

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

Advertisement
Those are awesome! I really like the pixel work and level of detail on them. Keep up the good work.
Awesome, great quality stuff, thanks for sharing with the community. [smile]

- Jason Astle-Adams

Niiiiiiiice...

Me like ^_^

Very... SNES-like. Reminds me a bit of UN Squadron.
You are one of the most talented artists on this site :) Keep it up!
Those are great!
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Awesome!

I almost feel urged to start writing a shoot'em up just looking at them :)
Professional C++ and .NET developer trying to break into indie game development.
Follow my progress: http://blog.nuclex-games.com/ or Twitter - Topics: Ogre3D, Blender, game architecture tips & code snippets.
Wow, great. I have a shooter just now with no sprites in it, and I could use them this summer to make a real game out of it.

Although I think I'll miss the airplanes turning sideways animation to place them when the player wants to move the airplane right or left.

Other than that, good job!
Wow, I leave this thread for like a week... Thanks everyone!

Quote:Original post by fruki
Wow, great. I have a shooter just now with no sprites in it, and I could use them this summer to make a real game out of it.

Although I think I'll miss the airplanes turning sideways animation to place them when the player wants to move the airplane right or left.

Other than that, good job!

Yeah, we kind of got around that in our game projects by enforcing a strict pitch-only flight dynamic. Thanks!

Quote:Original post by matt_j
You are one of the most talented artists on this site :) Keep it up!

Haha thanks, I'm actually working on a couple articles at the moment...

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

These are awsome, i liked them so much a made a little game out of them, i credited as you stated, and now i want to show you, this is not a very big game as it only took 3 days to complete and hardly worked on it but if i had time i would make a full scale game like rapter out of these. the game is a stat level game sorta? each level you progress adds time and at the end of each level you distribute points, the game could theoretcally go on forever,

heres a little screenshot
screenshot102.jpg

heres a direct link to the game Download game

This is my website where im providing the download of the game http://dotcombat.webs.com/

its nothing really big but i thought these sprites were very good and should be used, never seen them around
btw i joined this community just to show you this ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement