Sign in to follow this  

[Learning C#] : Good learning books

This topic is 3487 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone As recently suggested to me, I want to start learning more about C# for starters. I have downloaded the Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition and I know a little C# already, but does anyone know some good places to look for learning material or specific e-books or the like ? I have ordered the Microsoft Visual C# .NET 2008 Step by Step book as the only one for now :)

The book I would suggest is "Inside C#" by Tom Archer. It teaches you the basics of C# programming. It does not teach Windows programming.

theTroll

I am not sure what a good book would be I bought 2 and one is a reference, the other, "Head first C#", is a train wreck. Even on the 1st reprint version there are 17 pages of eratta including a PDF to replace 6 pages in the book. Its hard to learn when the book is wrong ALOT!!!

Yarb

"Head First C#" is my favorite printed C# book while Petzold ".NET Book Zero" is my favorite free ebook.
Note "Head First C#" is also one of the only books that covers the new C# 3.0 stuff that comes with VS2008 although I would think Microsoft Visual C# .NET 2008 Step by Step also does.

This topic is 3487 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.