Asymetric MMO. Please tell me what you think!

Started by
12 comments, last by Dinner 15 years, 11 months ago
well, not on topic, but concerning your game.
On the combat system (or on any nagivation route also), are you thinking on addind weather effects? On those days, that had a great effect on stratergies etc..
Advertisement
I intended to add weather but only incidentally, through exploration random events. It may be worth the added complexity, though, so it's going to my phase two list.
Quote:Original post by ruby-lang
I know I'd like to play both sides, like most of you who lost nights of sleep to Civ, but I'm thinking of people who don't want the whole enchilada. There are lots of people out there complaining on boards that they can't build their little empires in peace without griefers bombarding them back to the Stone Age. Conversely, there's lots of people who would like to just receive a few units to go explore and fight other players, because they find micromanaging towns terribly boring.

I meant, combine the two sides in an optional way. You know like in a regular MMO crafting is optional, create separate leveling or whatever for the two activities. So people can do both or whichever they want whenever they want.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Id leave them seperate, but not give players a choice at the start

make em find a governor or pirate to be their commander, and let them earn land or a ship before they are given all the abilities

thought it sounds fine by itself, I wouldn't play thought, not a big fan of web based games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement