• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
rolkA

Share a pch among several projects in VC++ 2008

This topic is 3768 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to share my precompiled header among several projects. I could describe what I do, but it's EXACTLY the same as what is described here in "steps to reproduce" : Visual C++ Build: C2859 on Rebuild on solution with shared precompiled headers So, as you can see, it's a reported bug/missing feature of Visual C++ 2005, that has been "postponed", but I get the exact same error in Visual C++ 2008, so I think it has not been fixed yet. The behavior is 100% identical: If I do "Clean solution" followed by "Build solution", it works, but if I do "Rebuild solution", I get a C2859 error message about the idb file (I managed to remove the .pdb error message by choosing 'C7 Compatible (/Z7)' for the Debug Information Format). Minimal Rebuild and Managed Incremental Build are disabled, so I don't know why this .idb file is needed. I'm now wondering if it's possible to share precompiled header files among several projects, do you have any idea how to achieve this ? I want to be able to debug, of course. Thanks in advance

Advertisement
Is there a reason why you want to do this? Building precompiled headers usually don't take that long, and they're usually small enough that space is not a concern.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!