• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RealMarkP

Intel Compiler in VS

This topic is 3821 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was reading another thread on the Intel compiler and saw that Intel has a Visual Studio plugin that allows the IDE to compile using it over the VC++ compiler. Has anyone used this compiler before with the VS IDE? Can anyone name some disadvantages over using Intel over VC++? Does the debugger work with this Compiler (I'm assuming it should)? Any other comments of suggestions would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by RealMarkP
I was reading another thread on the Intel compiler and saw that Intel has a Visual Studio plugin that allows the IDE to compile using it over the VC++ compiler. Has anyone used this compiler before with the VS IDE?
Yes.
Quote:
Can anyone name some disadvantages over using Intel over VC++?
Can't think of anything offhand, other than price. I suppose if you're using other compilation goodies like Incredibuild the integration might not be great (though I'm just guessing).
Quote:
Does the debugger work with this Compiler (I'm assuming it should)?
Yes.

Quote:
Original post by RealMarkP
Can't think of anything offhand, other than price. I suppose if you're using other compilation goodies like Incredibuild the integration might not be great (though I'm just guessing).

It is free for non commercial use.

http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/219771.htm

Unfortunately thats the linux version of the compiler. The windows version is not free for non-commerical use :(. It does, however, have a evaluation version.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!