Intel Compiler in VS

Started by
4 comments, last by RealMarkP 15 years, 10 months ago
I was reading another thread on the Intel compiler and saw that Intel has a Visual Studio plugin that allows the IDE to compile using it over the VC++ compiler. Has anyone used this compiler before with the VS IDE? Can anyone name some disadvantages over using Intel over VC++? Does the debugger work with this Compiler (I'm assuming it should)? Any other comments of suggestions would be nice. Thanks in advance.
------------Anything prior to 9am should be illegal.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by RealMarkP
I was reading another thread on the Intel compiler and saw that Intel has a Visual Studio plugin that allows the IDE to compile using it over the VC++ compiler. Has anyone used this compiler before with the VS IDE?
Yes.
Quote:Can anyone name some disadvantages over using Intel over VC++?
Can't think of anything offhand, other than price. I suppose if you're using other compilation goodies like Incredibuild the integration might not be great (though I'm just guessing).
Quote:Does the debugger work with this Compiler (I'm assuming it should)?
Yes.
Great. Thanks :D
Quote:Original post by RealMarkP
Can't think of anything offhand, other than price. I suppose if you're using other compilation goodies like Incredibuild the integration might not be great (though I'm just guessing).

It is free for non commercial use.

http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/219771.htm
The Linux version is free for non-commercial use.
Unfortunately thats the linux version of the compiler. The windows version is not free for non-commerical use :(. It does, however, have a evaluation version.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement