• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Daggerbot

LGPL 2D Game Engines

This topic is 3762 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone know of a good 2D game engine under the Lesser GPL, or a similar license? I don't mean an engine that just "loads and draws textures to the screen." I mean one with collision detection, audio, input, game loops, tile maps, and etc. Physics and networking are nice, but not required. If no such engine exists, would it be worthwhile to make one? I have a brief reference document already if it comes to that.

Advertisement
Hi,

Did you look at the stickied post: list of libraries at the head of this forum ?
You will find information there.

Ghostly yours,
Red.

Quote:
Did you look at the stickied post: list of libraries at the head of this forum ?
It would appear that this thread was moved out of the lounge.

A bit of a shameless plug but the next FIFE milestone will be released under LGPL 2.1. Currently we're still using GPL but the majority of the people who contributed code to the project agreed to the change and we're just removing / replacing the code of the people who we could not reach.

It would be interesting to know what kind of game you're planning as FIFE is more meant for all kind of isometric and similar perspectives that give the game a pseudo 3d look while still using flat bitmaps graphics. Anyway here's the link:
FIFE: open source 2.5d game engine

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!