• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ahmedfouad

OpenGL Switch from fullscreen

This topic is 3790 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all I'm developing a OpenGL ES application to be deployed on a handheld running the window mobile 5.0 0S. I'm trying to display in fullscreen using the SHFullScreen, ShowWindow and MoveWindow (as explained in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/266244). When a floating popup menuitem is clicked I would like to show the menu bar (=command bar) again. When I try do so, the window get resized and the menubar appears but when the rendering function is invoked the scene is rendered on top of the menubar and the menu bar is still activated. I would like to add a question: When I use the MoveWindow() function should I create another eglSurface and destroy the old one? that's all if anything is not clear please ask [Edited by - ahmedfouad on June 5, 2008 7:10:57 AM]

Advertisement
You should use GetClientRect instead of GetWindowRect.
When you use GetWindowRect the bounds include the whole window so the rendering will cover all elements inside the window. GetClientRect on the other hand will give you only the screen area without frames, menues on other elements.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!