• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Metorical

Eclipse Project set-up

This topic is 3727 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Perhaps someone can help me set-up my Eclipse workspace. I have: 1. Multiple jar files coresponding to different product versions of an API. 2. One source folder containing source code that I cannot change. 3. One folder of configuration files common to all projects. 4. One folder of configuration files per project. So I'd like to see something like: Project 1 - source - com.abc.util - com.abc.api - config abc.xml Project 2 - source - com.xyz.util - com.xyz.api - config xyz.xml Project(?) 3 - really just a directory with some files in but I want to see it in Eclipse. api_V1.jar api_V2.jar - config common1.xml common2.xml - source - com.common.util - com.common.api Run configuration 1 = Project 1 source + common1.xml + api_V1.jar Run configuration 2 = Project 1 source + common1.xml + api_V2.jar ... Run configuration 8 = Project 2 source + common1.xml + api_V2.jar Now I've managed to load different config files as they're just Program arguments (e.g. I use "-c common_config_directory/common1.xml) and I can load the local config with teh VM arguments with a config path setting in the VM arguments. This is based on how the API I'm using works. What I'd like to know is: 1. How to get Eclipse to represent the file structure above. 2. How to modify the Classpath to select which API jar to use based on run configuration. Tried googling for this but all I get back is about plugin development :( Anyone know a good tutorial on setting all this good stuff up? The final step is adding perforce references but I'll leave that for another day.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!