• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MaxDemian

Ganme with dices

This topic is 3788 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to do a game that only have to throw 5 dice, I'm using DirectX8 and I know how to draw a cube. What I dont know is how to do the animation when I throw the dices, any idea? Thank u

Advertisement
This would be a tricky animation to pull off properly, I'd recommend either a physics library (use force to throw the dice onto a surface), or pre-design the animation in 3DS Max and use .X vertex animation.

but..how do I use .x files is there any tutorial?

PS: It doesnt have to be exactly the same animation such a dice, it just have to turn around and stop afeter some seconds.

What u mean with physics library? sry but Im noobie on this :)

I would suggest you start off with something simple like moving the cubes your draw around the screen then rotating them.

You may be able to create a simple animation just using this and some simple mathematics. A good place to start may be looking at lissajous figures(google it).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!