• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
rs

TextureCubeArray

This topic is 3818 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm having a problem using the TextureCubeArray shader resource view type. I can create the resource and view without problems, however when I reference the TextureCubeArray object in the .fx file, D3DX10CreateEffectFromFileA just returns E_FAIL - no error messages from the debug layer. I've created a 10.1 device, I'm using fx_4_1 as the effect profile, and ps_4_1 when compiler the shader. I declare the object in the .fx file as follows: TextureCubeArray g_txCubearray; and it is referenced in the pixel shader like this return g_txCubearray.Sample( samLinear, float4(input.Pos3D.x, input.Pos3D.y, input.Pos3D.z, 0)); If I pass a float3 into Sample, I get a runtime error 'incorrect number of arguments', but using a float4 I just get E_FAIL returned and no errors. If I change TextureCubeArray to Texture2DArray, there are no errors (but obviously visual corruption when running). This happens both on ref and hal devices. Has anyone succesfully used this, or know what I am doing wrong? Google just throws me back to the SDK.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!