need some opinions

Started by
3 comments, last by namingway 15 years, 10 months ago
Basically for my current project I'd like all the human models to share many animations, jumping, running, walking, wavin etc etc would it be better ot have a skeleton animation that they all copy from or have them all individully made with the animations? Also in the case of a skeleton what if they were to have a different attacking style could this be done as well? I don't know much about 3d modelling so I'd like to get as much information about this as possible, as I'm about to begin the 3d section.
Advertisement
By far it makes the most practical sense to have a single skeleton that that has the flexibility to be used with all of the actions you need (so build your animation list before you build the skeleton) and make all of your humans share it.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
thats what i thought, however is it possible to have independ attacking animations if you are using the skeleton?
Why wouldn't it be? The skeleton is just really a set of weighted points that geometry is bound to. Each individual animation is just a different set of instructions for those points. You call the animations in a game, not the skeleton.

Rigging and animating characters isn't what I would call a beginner's topic. I'd highly recommend starting with something a little more ... low level.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Thanks for clearing that up, I'm not up to writing that part of the code as of yet it was mainly for design purposes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement