Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
flotts

.x & .fbx animation problems

This topic is 3661 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I am also new to the industry. I have a problem after exporting animations. When I am using the fbx file format some of the limb joints on the model become stretched like they are revolving around a different point. So I then tried the .x using the kwxporter which worked fine up untill recently when all the animations I export now freeze for a bit at the end before it loops again, and I've just found out that for some reason the exporter pads the animation to make it one second long. I have tried uninstalling the kwxporter then re-installing it but the settings are the same as when I last used it. I have no idea what I have done to cause this so if anyone has any ideas on what is going on, please let help me! I am using studio max 2008, rigged the model with a biped and exporting with the latest fbx and kwxporter. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
I'm not sure I fully understand what you are doing, but I'm guessing that you are using DirectX code to play the exported animations (right?).

I'm not absolutely positive, but I don't think your exporter is padding the animations. You say that you had animations exported to .x that worked at some point... my question is: were these animations longer than 1 second? If so, that's why they worked. When an AnimationSet gets created in DirectX, if the actual time it takes to play the animations is less than a second, it gets lower-bounded to 1 second, i.e., you can't create an AnimationSet that has a period less than a second (at least not in Managed DX... I would guess it's the same in C++).

My solution to that is a bit complex, but I needed a lot of control over the animations once they were imported into my code. If you think that this is actually the problem and that I can be of further assistance, feel free to contact me (message me on gamedev or post another reply to this thread).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!