MMO Dmg Parsing

Started by
1 comment, last by godecho 15 years, 10 months ago
I have recently formed a desire to parse text from Age of Conan to perform some good experimentation and testing to confirm claims being made about the effects of different factors. I know it is possible as others have written parses for various MMOs, but I have no idea how it works. I have plenty of C++ and DirectX experience, but I cannot fathom how one goes about parsing such information from an external application. Does anyone have any high level knowledge about the concept?
Advertisement
Does AoC allow you to save 'combat logs' to a text file? Or does it provide an addon system to use? If it does the best way would be to use the addon system (if it gives you enough information) or just manually parse a saved file. I know that in WoW at least the lua scripting system they use for addons gives you enough information to write what you describe and would have thought that AoC would do something similar.

If you can't do that I suppose you could read it out of memory but that would consist of spending ages trying to find the memory offsets to read.

Quote:Original post by ZeroSum
If you can't do that I suppose you could read it out of memory but that would consist of spending ages trying to find the memory offsets to read.

Certainly not straightforward but tools exist to help with this. If you go this route, be careful. Similar actions may be used to cheat, and therefore may not be welcomed by the ToS, the community, or any cheat prevention that may be running (think Warden for WoW).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement