• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
pcbrainbuster

side by side config

This topic is 3657 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello again guys, I tried my app on my brother's laptop which has Vista and any program that I make gets an error on his computer which points out that my side by side configuration is not correct... What is side by side configuration? I even tried increasing the app's size from 640x480 to 800x600... Thanks.

Advertisement
Thanks for that Dave :) I had a look online for Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and found that it is at it's beta stage... Would downloading it still correct my problem? Also do you need both Vista SP1 and Visual Studio SP1 for my app to work? Or just one of them?

Thanks again.

Your problem isn't Visual Studio, your problem is that your app has a dependency on a library that isn't present on your brother's PC (that library is most likely either the Visual C++ Runtime or the DirectX Runtime). There's lots of info on this in the MSDN section for Visual C++.

The simplest way to make sure the target PC has the files it needs is to install the Visual C++ Redistributable Package (for 2008, download the version for 2005 if that's what you're using) and the DirectX Runtime. If you'd like, you can create an installer that will copy your app and automatically launch those two installers.

[Edited by - MJP on June 12, 2008 3:08:13 PM]

Just install those on the client PC, then run your program.

You need to compile in release version as well, methinks. Just checking, since that was the cause of those issues for me in the past...

Mathmo

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!