• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lordcorm

DLL Injection Shard Memory

This topic is 3838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

After i inject my dll into the application do i have complete access to its memory space? without using ReadProcessMemory() to get the base + offset?

Advertisement
I might be way out in left field on this one, but this sounds like you're cracking software. I don't think you'll find much assistance here.

What is it you're trying to do, ultimately?

Im trying to use an address i got to a function that is used to parse packets in an application. I.E. watch the program automatically parse the packets for me, so i dont have to keep doing packet breaks.

After the dll has been injected, the code in the dll runs within the address space of the targeted process. That means it doesn't need to use ReadProcessMemory to get the base plus offset. If you want to transfer data about the target process gathered by the dll code to the process that initiated the insertion, you'll need to use another interprocess communication method, probably WM_COPY. If you don't like using WM_COPY, you can try writing that information to a file from within the target process. Or if you want to make the task really difficult, you could try starting a thread in the target process that launches a modeless dialog box (store the dialog resource in the dll) and then dump the gathered data into the dialog box.

Edit: I should make this clear, any code (or resources) that you want to run in the target process must be put into the dll. That means routines for gathering data, writing to file, a thread function or winproc and so on. So too with any global variables that the dll might access.

[Edited by - LessBread on June 11, 2008 4:07:19 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!