tower defense tutorial help

Started by
2 comments, last by shadowisadog 15 years, 10 months ago
Hi there. I'm trying to get the tutorial on this page to work. I'm using Macromedia Flash MX Professional 2004 and I can't get any part of this to work. I'm interested in making a tower defense game just for fun. I'm pretty new to flash but I'm doing a lot of tutorials. I'm having trouble with this, so any help would be awesome. Thanks. If you want to reach me directly, you can email me at mattbaumann@hotmail.com http://www.emanueleferonato.com/2007/10/06/make-a-flash-game-like-flash-element-tower-defense-part-1/
Advertisement
i worked with flash a little bit, but i don't really have an answer to your question, i just wanted to say its not a very good idea to put your email online where everyone can see it, unless its not your REAL email
Haha iedoc I won't sacrifice your online security by telling you that if people click on your name they can see your email address. You are in severe danger, though. You might want to remove that.

Oh and I've never really used Flash, Matthew Baumann. You are definitely going to need to be more specific about what's giving you trouble.
Why not download the included source? It runs just fine in my (legal) copy of Flash CS3 Professional.

The code itself looks to be Action Script 2.0 so make sure that if you were to try to make this project from scratch that you are using the right version of action script.

When you create the minion clip, remember that you must edit the properties and ensure that you export the class for action script, that you export it in the first frame, and that the identifier is "minion". Make sure you do the same for the "path" background.

If none of this fixes your problem then you will need to be much more specific about what is actually wrong....

It is like going to a doctor and saying "I hurt"... you must tell them where or they can not help you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement