dx10 app hangs Vista, on NV80 card's new driver

Started by
1 comment, last by jollyjeffers 15 years, 10 months ago
Hi, after i installed nv8800's newest driver 175.16_geforce_winvista_32bit_english_whql, my dx10 app frequently hangs the system (everyday). the situation is the same using either March08 or June08 DXSDK. Of course there might be coincidence, i.e. the system is hung for other reasons; i'd like to know if anyone has the same experience. thanks.
Advertisement
I'd revert back to the previous drivers.
I also tried the 175.16 version and got nothing but random crashes throughout the day using Vista x64 SP1 with my 8800GTS card!
Stable again using older drivers.
Yeah I'm suprised since they were doing so good compared to last year when Vista first came out!

[Edited by - daviangel on June 11, 2008 3:24:16 AM]
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
I get the impression that Nvidia are improving, but so far they have a somewhat shockingly bad track record for Vista drivers. 28.8% of crashes in 2007.

Whenever you suspect that there is a hardware or driver bug you should have a run through with the reference rasterizer. If nothing else, just for a sanity check [smile]

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement