• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bswc

how to set a playback record file to track bugs?

This topic is 3783 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have conceived one idea that one playback record file, which is to record the history that the player experienced in the game, should be an good assistance for the developer's analysis on correcting bugs.but i donot know which i should record in the record file to make the circumstance reappear in the game, both client data and server data should be recorded in the file, or something else? (it is a c/s mmo game). any help should be greatly appreciated!thanks in advance. regards, bswc.

Advertisement
If your game is completely deterministic (i.e doesn't depend upon any random factors) then it should be sufficient to record any inputs.

If it is a single player game, then this could be the controller buttons or the keyboard. In a network game, then you can record any relevant details from the incomming packets.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!