• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ThePPK

[SlimDX] Prerequisites

This topic is 3709 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using SlimDX in my application (actually the XAudio2 part). It works fine on my development PC but it crashes on start on an other one. I use VS2008 to build SlimDX.dll and VS2005SP1 to build my application (with a reference to SlimDX.dll). The development PC has VistaSP1 installed. The second computer runs Server2003SP2 with only VS2005SP1 installed. The application is built successfully but running it results in a crash with 800736B1 error (can't load SlimDX.dll). I suppose that some dll-s that are used by SlimDX.dll cause the crash. Can you tell me what prerequisites should be installed on a target machine to use SlimDX? Thank you! P.S. Here are some results of my further experiments: 1. installing DX SDK 2008 June doesn't fix the problem 2. installing VS2008 fixes the problem 3. the app doesn't work on a WinXP with .NET 2.0&3.5 installed

Advertisement
It sounds like you aren't installing the VC 2008 runtimes, which I'm fairly certain are required to run SlimDX.

We know how hard it is to deploy applications these days, so we are planning on including an installer with SlimDX for the June release (should be coming within a few days), which will take care of ensuring that all prerequisites for SlimDX, including the SlimDX DLL itself, are all properly installed on the end user's machine.

Thank you for the explanation. It is definitely VC2008 runtime. I also found some pages over Internet that describe 800736B1 error after installing Service Pack 1 on VS2005 (runtime libraries are changed comparing with those in original VS2005).

That would be really convenient to have the installer and not to worry about the deployment!

Hello, Mike!

I tried the latest June release of SlimDX, but I have a problem.
I installed SlimDX on a clean VMWare PC with XPSp2 + .NET3.5 installed.

Mouse and Joystick samples work great, but XAudio2.BasicSound crashes with the following error:

Unhandled Exception: SlimDX.XAudio2.XAudio2Exception: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG: Class
not registered (-2147221164)
at SlimDX.Result.Throw[T](Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object dataKey, Object d
ataValue)
at SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.XAudio2.XAudio2..ctor()
at BasicSound.Program.Main()

What can be the reason for this?
Thank you!

I just looked at this, and yeah, it looks like the SlimDX redist does not correctly install XAudio2. I'll try and figure out what exactly is going wrong.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!