2D RPG Map Editor

Started by
6 comments, last by iliak 15 years, 9 months ago
Hi guys I'm about to finish my tile map editor it could be used for any game not only RPG's since you can set any tileset you want and set collision tiles independently of the tile graphic current limitations of the editor tile size is fixed to 32x32px zoom function is planned but not yet implemented cannot add background images (planned as well) does not use animated tiles (planned but Ill leave it for the end , as I think this will be the hardest feature to do) enjoy !
">Tile Map Editor (youtube) dont forget to write your thoughts Regards
Advertisement
Joe Satriani is awesome, and so is your map editor.

An additional thought might be to allow a feature that allows you to block a tile from a certain angle instead of the entire tile :)!

Also, what about making it opensource and releasing a sort of universal map format ? ^^

Keep it up though, looking great !
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pingux/ <-- you know you wanna see my 2D Engine which supports DirectX and OpenGL or insert your renderer here :)
open source? maybe when I feel proud of my code

angle based collision would be cool to have
Im adding that feature to the end of my todo list

thanks for the comments ;)

a quick update

Very nice work! Watching this gave me some ideas to add to my own editor :)

It'll be a very sweet tile map editor when you get it completed. Do you have plans on going cross platform with Mac OS X?
ha

if someone get the .net framework and xna to work on mac's
yeah sure why not

thanks for the comments
Hi,

Do you have news on this map editor? When do you think it will be ready for us to download and have a play with?

Russ Hoy
Just in case you want to see my current map editor too, just click here www.codeplex.com/arcengine ;).
- Iliak -
[ ArcEngine: An open source .Net gaming framework ]
[ Dungeon Eye: An open source remake of Eye of the Beholder II ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement