Deferred Shading - Changing the size of the G-Buffer mid frame

Started by
1 comment, last by jrmcv 15 years, 10 months ago
Hi, How do you handle multiple render to textures with a deferred renderer? eg. If you have cameras in your scene that link to monitors (render-to-textures), These Render-to-textures need a G-buffer with a resolution close to the output texture resolution. I could create a seperate G-buffer for each type of render target but that seems a little wasteful. I thought about rendering to a small section of the G-buffer or rendering to the whole G-buffer and then downsampling (again, seems wasteful) but nothing seems like a clear solution. Has anyone else had this problem or thought about it much? P.S: sorry if this is a double post, I tried asking this on graphics and theory but didn't get a response and don't know how to move threads.
Advertisement
I don't really see any other options other than what you've laid out...but keep in mind that creating separate G-Buffers is only going to be a problem if you're memory-constrained.
ok thanks, I was hoping there was a cleaner way of doing it. Post processing will just add to the problem too.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement