Panda3D Sample Application's Slow

Started by
2 comments, last by nullsquared 15 years, 10 months ago
I ran one of the sample applications for Panda3D-1.5.2 and the sample application uses 00% of CPU usage, and approx 380000/1080632 of the memory usage. I have over 1 gig of ram on this computer which is a HP Pavilion, so I don't think it's the problem. Does Panda3D have a reputation of being this slow even for the sample apps, or could it be a hardware problem? Finally, I don't see why the computers would be using only about 35% memory usage, and 100% CPU usage.
Advertisement
100% CPU usage does not mean an application is slow. It just means that it is using all available cycles. 380MB of memory seems like quite a lot for a sample application, but I couldn't comment authoritatively.
Quote:Original post by Kylotan
100% CPU usage does not mean an application is slow. It just means that it is using all available cycles.

The computer is using about 380 MB for all things running while the smaple application is running.It is using about 15-64 MB of memory for just this Asteroid sample application. Even when I wun the most basic application in python using Panda3D to make a blank window as shown below, it "uses all the available cycles" as Kylotan said, and the total CPU usage is 100%

import direct.directbase.DirectStartrun()
Quote:Original post by Mad_Coder
Quote:Original post by Kylotan
100% CPU usage does not mean an application is slow. It just means that it is using all available cycles.

The computer is using about 380 MB for all things running while the smaple application is running.It is using about 15-64 MB of memory for just this Asteroid sample application. Even when I wun the most basic application in python using Panda3D to make a blank window as shown below, it "uses all the available cycles" as Kylotan said, and the total CPU usage is 100%

*** Source Snippet Removed ***

If you have any sort of loop that doesn't manually tell the operating system to give time to other processes (via sleep(), etc.), then your application will take 100% of the CPU usage. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as mentioned - it has nothing to do with "slowness" or anything like that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement