• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
chillypacman

Getting the position of the wheel in wheelshape? (physx)

This topic is 3777 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i'm currnelty using the PhysX raycast car method sample to add vehicles to my game, now my issue is with the wheels. I have the suspension and all that setup however I don't know how to get the position of the wheel relative to the suspension. I can get the position of the NxWheelShape but it doesn't move with the suspension, so what happens is the wheels are where they should be but they don't extend or contract with the suspension making it look very much unrealistic. The reason I'm using NxWheelShape is because it is recommended I use it but I might just go for a more rigid body oriented approach and just cobble together a vehicle using capsules and joints but still, I'd rather do it properly if it is at all possible?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!