• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Aiea

OpenGL Compiling GLUT for distribution

This topic is 3713 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi people, I have started working on some OpenGL code for my job and I am using GLUT. It compiles and runs fine under VS, however when I build it for release and run it off of the .exe file, it asks for the glut32.dll to be installed. I manually installed it on my machine but I was wondering if there is a way to build it so I won't have to tell the others to manually install the .dll. Mahalo, Aiea

Advertisement
The simplest way to make it work is to distribute your program along with yours glut32.dll where both of them should be located in the same folder.

And, there is a more preferable but not officially allowed way, i.e. compile the glut library into static link library. The source code of glut is available for download at the author website. However, the license of glut is strictly forbidden the distribution of a modified glut library. Although unlikely to happen, there can be a legal problem.

Yea I was trying to avoid having to send off the dll with the package. I suppose that's the only way to go.

Thanks alot =)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!