• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Plarin

Problem Compiling (How Exciting)

This topic is 3660 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I imported a VS8 solution into Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition* that made use of the directive #include "misc/ConsoleUtils.h" which failed to compile. The file wasn't included with the rest of the solution, but somehow it was under the listed header files. So I made a copy and took out the 'misc/' in all the include directives, which worked. Still, I want to know a way to get around this so I don't have to bother with it every time it shows up. The example book I'm working out of told me to include these sources: Include file paths C:\boost_1_31_0 C:\AI Source\Common C:\AI Source\Common\lua-5.0\include C:\AI Source\Common\luabind Source file paths C:\AI Source\Common C:\AI Source\Common\lua-5.0\include C:\AI Source\Common\luabind Library file paths C:\AI Source\Common\lua-5.0\include But I've just included these under: Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories: C:\boost_1_35_0 C:\AI Source\VS8 projects\Common C:\AI Source\VS8 projects\Common\lua-5.1.3\include C:\AI Source\VS8 projects\Common\luabind I'm guessing that probably has something to do with it. Anyways, any help? *Somebody please tell me an abbreviation for this. [Edited by - Plarin on June 16, 2008 8:25:49 PM]

Advertisement
Misc is nothing standard, so the problem is with your project, not visual studio.

As such, there's nothing anyone can say without knowing which project this is, in which case googling for the problem may help (if it's public), so may asking in project's forums.

If the file exists, it may be problem of include paths.

My bad, it does exist, I just assumed it would be included with the project. It was in the include directories. So, I assume it'll work once I add it as an include file.

Still, is there any way to get #include "something/something" working in VC++ Express?

Quote:
Original post by Plarin

Still, is there any way to get #include "something/something" working in VC++ Express?

Of course, just add it to project's Additional Include Paths setting, I believe it's under C/C++ Settings.

If you have foo/bar/misc/myinclude.hpp, and add 'foo/bar' to include path, then doing #include "misc/myinclude.hpp" will work.

Okay, thanks, I'd been trying to add the files under the VC++ Directories.

Might as well use this topic for another question...

I'm trying to compile the source code for a chapter on steering behaviors, but I'm getting error messages:

In path:
[
//returns the current waypoint
Vector2D CurrentWaypoint()const{assert(curWaypoint != NULL); return *curWaypoint;}

Error 1:

c:\documents and settings\jake\desktop\buckland_aisource_070308\vs8 projects\buckland_chapter3-steering behaviors\path.h(54) : error C2678: binary '!=' : no operator found which takes a left-hand operand of type 'const std::list<_Ty>::_Iterator<_Secure_validation>' (or there is no acceptable conversion)
with
[
_Ty=Vector2D,
_Secure_validation=true
]

In guiddef.h:

__inline int operator!=(REFGUID guidOne, REFGUID guidOther)
{
return !(guidOne == guidOther);
}

Error 2:
c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.1\include\guiddef.h(197): could be 'int operator !=(const GUID &,const GUID &)'

In list:

bool operator!=(const _Myt_iter& _Right) const
{ // test for iterator inequality
return (!(*this == _Right));
}

Error 3:
c:\documents and settings\jake\desktop\vc\vc\include\list(301): or 'bool std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation>::operator !=(const std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation> &) const'
with
[
_Ty=Vector2D,
_Secure_validation=true
]
while trying to match the argument list '(const std::list<_Ty>::_Iterator<_Secure_validation>, int)'
with
[
_Ty=Vector2D,
_Secure_validation=true
]

These three errors get repeated in GameWorld.cpp,SteeringBehaviors.cpp,Vehicle.cpp, and Path.cpp.

I value your input.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!