• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
computercoder

Anim8r Released

This topic is 3662 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

www.computercoder.org has released Anim8r to allow programmers / graphic artists to have a light weight application for viewing and testing their animated images (not GIF style). This application is FREEWARE and runs on Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux. Features: - Load PNG, JPG, BMP files - Set the size (X and Y) of tiles - Set the number of frames (tiles) to an image - Manually or Automatically cycle through the frames - Adjust frame rate - Set the background color (of the screen, to see what different colors have for effect on the image) - Scale - Rotation Please visit www.computercoder.org to have a look.

Advertisement
I named it, but not to be in competition with anything else exactly. The name was made and set before I even realized there was an app by a similar name. Its a freebie app, so I thought it'd fly. If it becomes an issue, I'll rename it later.

I also thought that it was the 3d modeler program, whenever I read the thread's title.

It's been around for a short while... maybe a month now. I didn't realize there was an app called Anim8or, as I'm not into modeling. I mainly needed an app to perform the duties this one does with 2D, and I wanted an easy name to use. This is what I came up with. I have considered renaming it. I just haven't yet...

I'd suggest it. If nothing else, misspelled references to Anim8or are likely to eclipse your own work in search engine results.

Quote:
Original post by computercoder
Agreed. I think "2D Anim8r" would suffice. Thoughts?

I still think that will result in confusion. How about "Anim-mate". Kind of a play on words since mate also means friend.

Nice looking program by the way.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!