• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
shawnre

Programming the Logitech G15...anyone tried?

This topic is 3663 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all, I was just curious if anyone has tried doing any programming on the G15 (I guess you need to have one first....). I started looking into it today, seems it is all geared towards C++ development, although there are some .NET wrappers out there. Anyhow, if you have, any insight on where to get started with it? Thanks!

Advertisement
I'm using it in a project at the moment (progressing slowly, been busy with other things). It's pretty reasonable to work with; I'm just writing a minimalist GUI library on top of an RAII wrapper (to make initialize and cleanup a bit nicer, and to make 'hot-swapping' the OnConfigure and OnSoftButtons events) for it at the moment.

To be honest, a quick glance over the basic example (printing "Hello, world") and reference to the documentation did fine. I can't remember any real 'gotchas'.

That said, I've been using C++ rather than .NET. I'd imagine P/Invoke would allow you to do something similar, however.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!